minimal example

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Thu Oct 12 01:22:28 CEST 2000

Hi Robert,

Robert Olivier wrote:

> I've read over most of the threads on the list about traps wherein I see
> references to example code that I cannot find.  Does anyone have a minimal
> skeleton showing all the details of getting a v1 trap right.

Most of the examples that come with AGENT++ generate
a could start trap before entering the main loop. Just make
a grep on "NotificationOriginator".

> Also, in a message dated Feb 9,2000 by Jeff Stewart notes that notifications
> were unavailable if v3 was disabled. My notification_originator does not
> look like the one he mentioned ....has non v3 functionality been
> systemically taken care of?

I am trying. Any new development is done with _SNMPv3
enabled, but regression tests are also done without _SNMPv3.
The NotificationOriginator should work without_SNMPv3 too.

Frank Fock - AGENT++
Email: frank____fock.de
Fax: +49 7195 177108