SET-REQUEST, rowStatus, row_activated and agent++v3.4o

Story, Robert Robert.Story____sciatl.com
Thu Oct 12 21:45:42 CEST 2000

> > A) set X.1.99.3 = createAndGo, X.1.99.2 = 11
> > B) set X.1.99.2 = 11, X.1.99.3 = createAndGo
>
> Both should produce the same results. I have tested this with
> the v3.4p and another table and it works. Please email me
> again if this problem persists with your table.

Yes, it works. It turns out that I had an access clause wrong.

Also, v3.4p does only call row_activated() once. Unfortunately, when it is
called is still dependent on where the rowStatus varbind is in the PDU. So
if it is the first object, row_activated() is called before the varbinds for
the other columns in that same row are processed. So trying to perform some
action at activation that depends on the other rows having their new values
will only work if the rowStatus is the last varbind.  Luckily for me, I'm in
control of both agent and manager, so I can make the request with the
rowStatus last.

     - - - - - - -  Appended by Scientific-Atlanta, Inc.  - - - - - - -
This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is
confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. The
information is solely intended for the named addressee (or a person
responsible for delivering it to the addressee). If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain,
copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail
and delete it from your computer.