ProxyAgent

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Wed Oct 25 20:38:15 CEST 2000

Hi Khalif,

The snmpProxyContextEngineID must by set to the engineID
of the engine *sending* the request. Thus, it *should* be different
to the engine ID of the proxy agent.

If you are sending a SNMPv1/v2c request, then you will have to
add an entry into the SNP-COMMUNITY-MIB in order to map
from the used community (of the incoming request) to a
context engine ID.

For further details on using the SNMPv3 Framework MIBs
I would recommend reading the book "A Practical Guide to
SNMPv3 and Network Management" by David Zeltersman.

Hope this helps.

--
Frank Fock - AGENT++
Email: frank____fock.de