Problems sending notifications

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Mon Sep 4 19:43:20 CEST 2000

helge.fredriksen____4tel.no wrote:

> The testing code in my agent.cpp is similar to the examples:
>
>          coldStartOid coldOid;
>          NotificationOriginator no;
>          UdpAddress dest("127.0.0.1/162");
>          no.add_v1_trap_destination(dest);
>          no.generate(vbs, 0, coldOid, "", "");
>
> When I run the agent i get the following printout on the screen:
>
> Notification not sent (reason) (addr) (params): (no access), (  7F 00 00 01
> 00
> ), (defaultV1Trap).
>
> Could you please give me some hints upon where I should start looking for
> the reason?

Since you do not send any variable bindings with the trap,
the only reason could be that the coldOid is not in a view
accessible-for-notify. Please check the snmpTargetParamsTable
for the entry with index "defaultV1Trap", in order to determine
which securityName is used. For this securityName there has to
be an entry within the VACM.