Problems sending notifications

helge.fredriksen____4tel.no helge.fredriksen____4tel.no
Mon Sep 4 10:52:59 CEST 2000

Hello!

I'm trying to use the NotificationOriginator object to send traps to
certaing trap recievers.
The testing code in my agent.cpp is similar to the examples:

         coldStartOid coldOid;
         NotificationOriginator no;
         UdpAddress dest("127.0.0.1/162");
         no.add_v1_trap_destination(dest);
         no.generate(vbs, 0, coldOid, "", "");

When I run the agent i get the following printout on the screen:

Notification not sent (reason) (addr) (params): (no access), (  7F 00 00 01
00
), (defaultV1Trap).

Could you please give me some hints upon where I should start looking for
the reason?

Yours sincerely,
Helge Fredriksen