access of table elements

Gavin Simpson gsimpson____argogroup.com
Thu Apr 19 10:53:33 CEST 2001

Hi,

I've taken the example cmd_exe.my and compiled it using agentgen to
produce the source code ( for this to work I had to add an OBJECT-GROUP
).
I've then compiled the resultant code with the example agent.cpp given
to produce the agent.

When I try to access any of the leaves within any table contained within
my agent using either Loriot or Openview I get "noSuchName" returned but
the OID seems OK.

This is the OID as defined in the header file:
#define oidCmdExecutionOutputLine
"1.3.6.1.4.1.4976.6.1.2.3.1.1.2"

This is the response to a GET_REQ_MSG:

PDU:
----
version:      0
community:    public
type:         GET_RSP_MSG (0xa2)
request id:   8
error status: noSuchName(2)
error index:  1
name:    1.3.6.1.4.1.4976.6.1.2.3.1.1.2.0
type:    NULL (0x5)
length:  0
value:    ( )

I feel I'm doing something fundamentally wrong, can someone help?

Regards,
Gavin Simpson.

p.s. agent running on a Solaris box through the Solaris snmp master
agent.