Problems compiling new SNMP++ library

Simpson, Gary Gary.Simpson____tfeurope.com
Wed Apr 25 12:05:07 CEST 2001

Hello,

I am running with g++ 2.95.2, 2000.08.22.04.14 on Solaris 5.8.  I first
compiled this by just copying Makefile.linux, but our system does not
contain a g++ library.  Therefore, I removed the '-lg++' statement from my
Makefile copy but it failed to compile with a number of errors.  So I added
'-lnsl -lsocket -lelf' to the flags and this prevented those errors, but
caused the 'Text relocation remains against symbol' error.

If it doesn't use the libstdc++ library, then is it ok to add '-nostdlib' to
the list of flags?  I did this and this solved the compilation problem but I
got segmentation errors when running the 'test_app' and my own SNMP agent,
so I assumed that what I did with '-nostdlib' was wrong.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Cheers, Gary.

-----Original Message-----
From: Arend melissant [mailto:armimema____kabelfoon.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 11:00 AM
To: agentpp-dl____agentpp.com; Simpson, Gary
Subject: Re: Problems compiling new SNMP++ library

> The problem seems to be that when it is compiling it is referring to
> libstdc++.a (statically linked).  Do you know how to change it to use the
> dynamically linked libstdc++.so? (or am I completely on the wrong track?).

The libstdc++ library is only needed during the link process. As far as I
understand you are building the snmp++ lib, which doesn't use the libstdc++
library at all.

Please give me some more information so I can help you (I have the snmp++
lib on Solaris with the latest version).

Arend Melissant
Visit http://www.visto.com/info, your free web-based communications center.
Visto.com. Life on the Dot.

This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is confidential
and not for third party unauthorised distribution.