Problems compiling new SNMP++ library

Simpson, Gary Gary.Simpson____tfeurope.com
Wed Apr 25 17:16:21 CEST 2001

Hello Arend,

It works after making the changes below.
Thank you very much for your help,

Gary.

-----Original Message-----
From: Arend melissant [mailto:armimema____kabelfoon.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 11:37 AM
To: Simpson, Gary
Subject: RE: Problems compiling new SNMP++ library

> I am running with g++ 2.95.2, 2000.08.22.04.14 on Solaris 5.8.  I first
> compiled this by just copying Makefile.linux, but our system does not
> contain a g++ library.  Therefore, I removed the '-lg++' statement from my
> Makefile copy but it failed to compile with a number of errors.  So I
added
> '-lnsl -lsocket -lelf' to the flags and this prevented those errors, but
> caused the 'Text relocation remains against symbol' error.

You will need the libstdc++.so.2.10 file (or the .a version) otherwise you
cannot link an executable.

I build a statis (.a) snmp++ library with the following option (snmp++3.1)

-O2 -D_MBCS -D_USRDLL -D_XPG4 -Dsun -D__unix _DSNMP_PP_NATIVE_EXPORTS

These options should also work for the shared ib (I think)

The agent++ options should be the same, but add the AGENT_PP_NATIVE_EXPORTS
to the options. The precise options are on my home computer, so i can't look
them up right now.

For the executable use the following libs (compiler options remain the same)

libagent++.a (or .so), libsnmp++.a (or .so) libnsl.so libsocket.so libdl.so

That works for me.

Please let me know if this works. If it doesnt't I'll mail my compiler
settings tommorow when Im working at home.

Arend

Visit http://www.visto.com/info, your free web-based communications center.
Visto.com. Life on the Dot.

This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is confidential
and not for third party unauthorised distribution.