Question about table index

Bettendorf, Cristian Cristian.Bettendorf____softwareag.com
Wed Aug 22 16:21:12 CEST 2001

Hello,

a short question not related to agent++...

In SMIv2 the columnar objects part of the table index must be defined as
"not-accesible".

In my case I MUST read the values in order to perform all check operations
depending on the master-detail relation of my snmp tables! And how can a
manager represent the data in a user friendly report?

E.g. I have a 1:n relation between the master and the detail table. If a
manager perform a table report for the detail table, its very hard to
identify which rows are related to a specific master row (e.g. HP OpenView->
Build SNMP applications -> Table application), since the report don't
include any index information or oid...

Also is the definition of index objects as "not-accesible" really mandatory?
Or we have a workarround?

Manny thanks in advance
Cristian