AgentX++ question

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Mon Dec 10 22:58:12 CET 2001

Hi Hanjuan,

Please find my comments inline:

Jin Hanjuan-CHJ007 wrote:

> Hi, All,
>
> Has anyone tried to use AgentX++ to build master agent and subagent?

Yes.

> I have a question for this? Does the agentX++ master agent support the legacy agent? which means that it can integrate with the legacy snmp agent bundled already with the equipment of different vendors?

That depends whether your "legacy" agent does support the AgentX protocol or not.

> I am considering to use AgentX++ to build our product agent, but want to access the agent available in cisco or other vendor's product too, is it going to work?

That also depends on the level of integration you want. You will get the best result
if your existing agents support AgentX. But you may also integrate them using a
SNMP proxy (which can be implemented using AGENT++).