Get/Set opearation

Jochen Katz katz____agentpp.com
Mon Dec 10 20:04:57 CET 2001

Hi,

> I am able to build the SNMP stack by using SNMP++
> code, using this
> stack I am able to receive the Trap in Manager that
> sent by the my agent
>
> Now my question is for to set/get operation of SNMP,
> can I implement both the operation on my current
> stack?

yes.

> I tried the (GET/SET) example code given in the SNMP++
> doc file.
> In both the case I am unable to set or get the value
> from my agent.

Are you sending the requests to the right port? Which SNMP version are
you using? There are some snmpv3 specific problems with the current
release of snmp++. I could send you the fix, if you want it.

> Till now I not used Agent++ code to develop the agent.
> Is it mandatory I have to use Agent++ code along with
> SNMP++ code to develop agent?

You could write an agent and just use snmp++, but this will surely lead
to something similar than agent++, as snmp++ was developed for the
manager side.

Kind regards,