Get/Set opearation

Sanjay M sanjay_mailing____yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 13:40:12 CET 2001

Hi,
	I am new to SNMP stuffs, I have some doubts about the
SNMP++ and Agent++.
I downloaded the SNMP++ source code from the agent
site.
My goal is to develop SNMP agent for some device,
I am able to build the SNMP stack by using SNMP++
code, using this
stack I am able to receive the Trap in Manager that
sent by the my agent

Now my question is for to set/get operation of SNMP,
can I implement both the operation on my current
stack?
I tried the (GET/SET) example code given in the SNMP++
doc file.
In both the case I am unable to set or get the value
from my agent.
I am receiving "SNMP_CLASS_TIMEOUT" error in both the
case.
Till now I not used Agent++ code to develop the agent.
Is it mandatory I have to use Agent++ code along with
SNMP++ code
to develop agent?
If not how I can able to do GET/SET operation on
SNMP++?
Expecting an early reply form your side.

Thanks,
Sanjay