Proxy forwarder question

Ram Krishnaswamy RKrishnaswamy____pathfire.com
Thu Feb 22 18:56:03 CET 2001

Hello,

I have agent++ 3.4 on Windows NT and I am trying to configure the proxy
forwarder to accept requests for the Microsoft native mib2 agent. First of
all, is this possible?

I am running the agent++ proxy application on port 4700 and the Microsoft's
mib2 agent is running on port 161. I created an entry in the
SnmpTargetAddrTable with the following values:

snmpTargetAddrTDomain: snmpV2.1.1
snmpTargetAddrTAddress: 7F.00.00.01.00.A1  ie. (127.0.0.1/161)
snmp..Tag: v1request
snmp..addrParams: defaultV1Trap (this is the only string I can add to make
it to work)

The instance is 127.0.0.1/161.

I was able to create the instance okay. But when I query for mib2, I get a
no such object.

I think I am trying to understand how this whole proxy forwarder works and
how to configure it to send requests to the microsoft snmp agent and relay
the traps back through the proxy to the management station.

I am coming from a SNMPv1 world and I still have to take giant steps in
learning SNMPv3 in a short period of time.

Thanks.

Ram Krishnaswamy
x1671