Mib question

Ron Sperber - Israel RonS____gilat.com
Mon Jul 2 18:49:22 CEST 2001

Hi,
I'm new to Agent++ so I hope my question will not sound not in place.
My agent will have to report the statuses of about 10,000 remote pc's. The
statuses are held in an sql server (on the same machine of the agent).
I thought of constructing a table where each row represents a pc status
(containing its up/down status, ip address and so on).
Is it feasible ? (I mean - is Snmp intended to hold tables with thousands of
entries ?) and if so - Is there a way to avoid building the entire table in
memory ? - and instead Just read the correct value from the sql server ?
Thanks in advance ,
			Ron