Mib question

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Tue Jul 3 00:35:56 CEST 2001

Hi Ron,

Yes, SNMP can handle big tables with more than 10.000 entries.
However, with AGENT++ you should (currently) not use the
MibTable class to model such a table, because that would consume
a lot of memory (>64 MBytes). In version 3.4.7 of AGENT++
the MibTable class will be optimized, so the memory consumption
for MibTable tables will be drastically reduced (although the
processing time will slightly increase).

Nevertheless, it is always better to model large tables (which are
most likely read-only tables) as virtual tables. This can be done
with AGENT++ by subclassing MibComplexEntry.

You can browse the mailing list archive for details on the usage
of that class.

--
Frank Fock - AGENT++
Email: fock____agentpp.com