Kumar, Vinay 2 Vinay____barco.com
Wed Jul 4 07:32:48 CEST 2001

hi,

thanks for the reply

but i still have further queries :
?. in a MibTable can we assign different read_community & write_community to
each & every MibLeaf we have created

regards
VINK

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank.Fock____t-online.de [mailto:Frank.Fock____t-online.de]
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2001 5:04 AM
To: Kumar, Vinay 2
Cc: 'Frank.Fock____t-online.de'; 'Jochen Katz'; 'agentpp-dl____agentpp.com'
Subject: Re:

Hi,

I have not added this type of question to the FAQ (but I will do it for
the 3.4.7 release!). So, here is what I wrote on similar questions
(you may find more details in the mailing list archive):

I probably should add this question to the FAQ. I am just quoting an answer
I gave in a previous mail here:

> If so,  when I recieve an incomming message, how can I get the community
> information from the PDU, and make the necessary authentication checks?

This check is done in two ways - depending on whether you
have SNMPv3 support enabled or not:

1. (with SNMPv3): Any authentication is handled by the VACM. You
can configure communities in the VACM-MIB. See the examples
for details. With SNMPv3 support enabled you can even define
communities for sub tress and access types.

2. (without SNMPv3): The community is checked within the RequestList
class by:
boolean RequestList::community_ok(int pdutype, const OctetStr& community)
You should override this method by sub classing if you want to support
more than one read/write community.

"Kumar, Vinay 2" wrote:

> hi,
>
> i'm using Agent++ framework, where i'm facing the following query :
> Can Agent++ framework allow the use of multiple read_community &
> write_community requests
> Can we assign read_community & write_community to each & every MIB
Property