Newbie agent question

Eric Teutsch lists____powersoft.ca
Wed Jul 4 18:49:00 CEST 2001

Hello all,
Sorry to be a pain-in-the-neck newbie...  I've managed to build an
NT based agent using agent++ 2.13NT and 2.8a snmp++.  I've also
written a small MIB that has a few counters and a few strings and
now a table.  I can remotely see the structure and query it (using
getif).  Now for the dumb question:  How do I best tie all this to the
system that should be remotely managed?  Do I modify the
agent++ code generated by agentgen so that it gets the real data
from the system (using the registry or shared memory or
something)?  Or should I create my own classes that are derived
from the agent++ classes of my MIB?  Mmm, saying it out 'loud'
makes me think I should create my own derived classes and have
these get the data from shared memory, etc.  Is that the way to
go?  Are there ANY examples out there? (Especially of real
instances of tables.)  Manuals?  A light-switch?  It is so dim in my
head...

Thanks for all help,
Eric