Adding row to a table

Alex Finogenov afinogenov____malibunet.com
Thu Jul 12 04:43:11 CEST 2001

Hi,

I have a generic question on SNMP table row creation.

In a SET request intended to create a new table row using CreateAndGo, must
the varbind containing RowStatus OID and CreateAndGo value precede all other
varbinds for the new row in the same request? In other words, should an
agent fail a SET request because it contains varbinds setting values for a
new row BEFORE the RowStatus varbind even though it is present in the same
PDU?

What is the required behavior?

Does RowStatus=CreateAndWait change this behavior?

I can't find any directions in the RFCs.

Thanks,
Alex