Questions about RequestList::receive

Mike.Perler____radisys.com Mike.Perler____radisys.com
Thu Jul 12 15:48:27 CEST 2001

Frank,

It's not that I want to take an action on an invalid request. I need to
report any errors to our system log (unfortunately, using a nonstandard
API) when they occur, and a timeout is not actually an error. Currently,
I'm reporting an error anytime that the RequestList::receive function
returns a null pointer, but I've gotten complaints about that because of
the timeout case.

If there is a way to call RequestList::receive with no time out, then that
would also address my problem.

If I override the RequestList::receive function, then I have to recode all
the logic of the base class function myself. I can't just call
RequestList::receive from the derived class because I'll still run into
the same problem. Therefore, I'm trying to use that as a last resort.

Mike

Frank.Fock at t-online.de (Frank Fock)
07/11/2001 06:46 PM