Questions

Alex Finogenov afinogenov____malibunet.com
Sun Jul 22 22:43:13 CEST 2001

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have one more question: is there an easy way to communicate an error back
to the request or RequestList from a table listener? Since the listener
knows only about an affected table row, the only way to communicate a
problem with, say, deleting a row from the row_delete() is getting all
subrequests, scan them trying to find the first varbind related to the
column and value, and then set the error status in the subrequest. Is there
something that does this for me, or I have to implement this subrequest
searching code?

See my comments below.

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank.Fock____t-online.de [mailto:Frank.Fock____t-online.de]
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2001 1:07 PM
To: Alex Finogenov
Cc: 'agentpp-dl____agentpp.com'
Subject: Re: Questions

>> When the same row is created through a multi-varbind SET without using
the
>> table viewer, everything works fine.

>Where is the difference?

This way everything that I explicitly put into the varbind list gets sent,
thus I add an ID varbind along with all the required values, and this gets
it done. With the table viewer I have to populate a small dialog box with
the values, including index, but apparently it does not send the index.

>> I remember reading something about deriving implied table index value
from
>> the OIDs, but neither remember anything about it, not I can find any word
>> about it in either RFC 1442 (SMIv2) or RFC 1443 (Textual Convention for
>> Version 2).
>>

>Every instance OID is composed of the object class OID prefix (the OID from
>the MIB specification) plus the instance OID suffix (.0 for scalar objects
and
>the index OID for columnar objects).

What I meant is whether all INDEXes MUST be provided in the SET request or
an agent MUST be able to figure out the indexes from the OID. Any comment?

Thanks,
Alex