No subject

Jin Hanjuan-CHJ007 CHJ007____motorola.com
Wed Jul 25 01:10:02 CEST 2001

Hi,

I am using the agent++ to do some work now, but I am having some problem to figure out how to send Trap using the notification originator class. I want to send an alarm which includes a few variables such as Alarm ID, Severity, Source, Message Text etc in it to manager whenever some thing happen to the system. Do I need to define all the Notofication-Type as a mib-table with all the alarm variables such as Alarm ID as the columnar objects? and add the table to agent mib as the normal Mibtable? I thought I did not need to define Mibleaf for all the alarm variable, and just define a Vbx list to add it together, and pass the list to notificationorignator.generate() function when I want to send the alarm Trap, and I got confused when I read Frank's response email to some one.
What Frank said is to define the notificationOriginator class and call generate( ) then in the commit_set_request of the MibLeaf. Is commite_set_request used for the set request from Manager and change the object value?

Any clarification and help will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Xiao Mei