ResEuro Licensing

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Fri Jun 22 01:07:59 CEST 2001

Hi Yael,

SNMP++ v3.1, AGENT++v3.4.5, and AgentX++ v1.1 and later
do not longer use RSAEURO.

Yael Yankelev wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What ever happened with all the ResEuro licensing stuff. The last thing I
> found in the mailing list was that there was supposed to be a release of
> Agent++ which uses a different encription library.  I have the latest
> version of SNMP++ which stil includes rsaeuro.h in the auth_priv file.
>
> 1. I work for a european coutry with most major customers in the states, do
> I have a licesing problem?

Yes, as far as I know, you need to purchase a license in order to use
RSAEURO for commercial applications.

> 2. if so, can I use a different encryption package?

Yes, SNMP++v3.1 has all encryption built-in that is necessary for
SNMPv3 (that includes MD5, SHA, DES, and IDEA).
Everything from the SNMP++v3.1.x distribution file is free, even for
commercial use.