dual role agents with ++

Yael Yankelev yael____flashnetworks.com
Mon May 7 15:58:25 CEST 2001

Hi,

I am panning to implement a dual role agent, which recieves SNMP requests
and replies
directly when appropriate OR creates SNMP requests to relevant agents, waits
for their
response, does some processing on the responses from the agents, and,
finally, replies
to the original request.

I plan to implement this in one process, where there are two main threads,
one acting as
the Agent (using the SNMPX Class) and one acting as the manager (using the
SNMP class).
And use global, internal structures to synchronyize operations between the
two, when
needed.

Does anyone fore-see any problems with this type of implementation?
Has anyone done this successfully with the ++ libraries?

regards,
Yael