Mibtable: unable to set row status to "active" ???

christel.sohnemann____philips.com christel.sohnemann____philips.com
Mon May 28 13:51:07 CEST 2001

Hi,
I have a MibTable object with exactely one row. This row has 5 columns, one of these is a index which the manager cannot set, one is the row status. The row status and the other 3 columns have read-write access. The row is created on agent site.
On management site I have one set requests, which sets all 4 columns (including the row status which is set to "active")
On agent site I want to perform certain actions when the row status is set to state "active". I need access to the other three column values, so I implemented this action in the "Mibtable::update" method.
The manager is not supposed to create the row, so no "createAndGo" value should be allowed.
No matter what I do, the manager gets a SNMP_ERROR_NO_CREATION (11) return value, although the "MibTable::update" method runs successful. In this method I replace all the column object values.
Strangely, the set methods of the column objects are not called, either ....

can anybody help me please?
Regards,
Christel Sohnemann

Christel Sohnemann
Software Development
Philips Speech Processing Aachen, Zweigniederlassung der Philips GmbH
Kackertstr. 10, 52072 Aachen, Germany
mailTo: christel.sohnemann____philips.com
Tel:    +49 - (0)241 - 8871 191,    Fax: +49 - (0)241 - 8871 140
http://www.speech.philips.com/