Mibtable: unable to set row status to "active" ???

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Mon May 28 20:02:45 CEST 2001

Hi Christel,

Please find my comments inline:

christel.sohnemann____philips.com wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a MibTable object with exactely one row. This row has 5 columns, one of these is a index which the manager cannot set, one is the row status. The row status and the other 3 columns have read-write access. The row is created on agent site.
> On management site I have one set requests, which sets all 4 columns (including the row status which is set to "active")
> On agent site I want to perform certain actions when the row status is set to state "active". I need access to the other three column values, so I implemented this action in the "Mibtable::update" method.

This is probably a bit clumsy. The update method is not the appropriate place to implement
row creation. You can override the row_activated method of your table to implement the
actions you want to perform when the row is activated.

> The manager is not supposed to create the row, so no "createAndGo" value should be allowed.
> No matter what I do, the manager gets a SNMP_ERROR_NO_CREATION (11) return value, although the "MibTable::update" method runs successful. In this method I replace all the column object values.
> Strangely, the set methods of the column objects are not called, either ....

The prepare_set_request methods will not be called either! If the row already exists (because
you created it in the update method) it cannot be created again.

Hope this helps.