question on HMAC-MD5 in agent++ on Linux

Hongwei Li lhongwei____nortelnetworks.com
Fri Nov 2 23:04:16 CET 2001

Hi, Frank,

  Thanks a lot. In MG-soft, I use MD5 as User Profile Name,
MD5UserAuthPassword as password for MD5 authentication problem,
no Privacy protocol selected. This is an example in the original
code. The Security Level is automatically enabled as Authentication.
The following are the request sent from MG-soft to the agent on Linux:

User profile name: MD5
Context name: (zero-length)
Context engine ID: (zero-length)
Security user name: MD5
Security engine ID: (zero-length)
Authentication protocol: HMAC MD5
Privacy protocol: None
Security level: Authentication
Security model: USM
1: sysUpTime (null) null

No response comes back from the agent. So, the authentication failed,
and the MG-soft just hang there.

Do I need to configure something in the agent side on Linux?

Thanks a lot.

Hongwei