question on HMAC-MD5 in agent++ on Linux

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Mon Nov 5 01:14:25 CET 2001

Hi Hongwei,

I think you have to specify the snmpEngineID of your agent
as contextEngineID. RFC 2572 requires that the contextEngineID
is set properly. This was not checked correctly by SNMP++
for all protocols.
The next version will be stricter here.