SOCKS support

Ram Krishnaswamy RKrishnaswamy____pathfire.com
Fri Nov 16 19:55:48 CET 2001

Hello all,

I am just wanting to know whether the agent++ (with SNMPv3 support) can be
run using the SOCKS traversal solution. If not, has anybody used agent++ to
go through SOCKS and how it is being done? I also want to know whether this
is possible at all without changing the code.

The other question is kind of related to the above but more to do with
SNMPv3 and our environment. The way it is setup right now is we have a
satellite connection taking the SNMPv3 request and a dialup sending the
response. Since it is a dialup, we have a "controller" of the dialup
connection that creates the connections, sends UDP packets and disconnects
the connection after a timeout period if there are no more packets to be
sent. We are also putting SOCKS support so that we can address some of the
firewall issues the customer has. Almost all applications go through this
controller except for the SNMP agent that my group has written. The question
is how do we make all traps, responses go through the controller that is
listening on a certain port? Is it even possible without any code changes to
SNMP++? Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks.

Ram Krishnaswamy
x1671