Agent++ as subagent question

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Sun Nov 18 15:14:39 CET 2001

Hello Cristian,

For Windows you will have to write a subagent interface for the
NT/2000 specific interface. AGENT++ will provide such an interface for
v3.x next year (althought the exact schedule have not been made yet).

At the moment you may use AGENT++v2.13NT which can be found
at http://www.agentpp.com/agent++v2_13d_nt.zip
It does implement such an interface for the obsoleted AGENT++ 2.13
version.

On Solaris, you may directly use AGENT++, since the SUN agent
uses SNMP to talk with subagents. Alternatively, you may use the
NET-SNMP master agent. Then you can use AgentX++ for implementing
your subagent (only very small changes are needed for that to your
existing AGENT++ agent). This is the only option for Linux (since the
linux SNMP agent is a NET-SNMP agent).

For Windows you have also the option to either buy a AgentX master
agent or subagent that implements the system MIBs you need. Then
you could use a AgentX++ agent as subagent or master respectively.

Hope this helps.