Agent++ as subagent question

Bettendorf, Cristian Cristian.Bettendorf____softwareag.com
Sun Nov 18 14:43:36 CET 2001

Hello,

most managers can't talk to agents configured to listen on a non-default
SNMP port and also the managers can't manage more SNMP agents running on the
same host but each one configured to use it's own SNMP port.

E.g. : under windows if I want to have both native windows snmp and my own
Agent++ running at the same time then normally the native windows service is
use the port 161 and my own Agent++ something else, e.g 9161, but now the
used managers can't access my Agent++ stuff...

One solution could be to have a proxy running as windows subagent and
forwarding all SNMP requests for a given OID tree to a preconfigured IP:PORT
address (the Agent++ stuff).

The question is how to develop such subagent, are some code examples
available? Or which other solution can be used here?

I need to solve this for windows, solaris7, solaris8 and Linux :-(

Manny thanks in advance
Cristian Bettendorf
Software AG