A Solaris master agent/subagent question

Alex Finogenov afinogenov____malibunet.com
Fri Nov 30 02:20:12 CET 2001

Hi,

I am trying to set up an SNMP v2 agent written using Agent++/SNMP++ on
Solaris x86.

The problem I am having is that the SNMP Master agent (snmpdx) does not
accept a MIB browser's SNMP v2 calls. So far the snmpdx deamon (in debugging
mode) reports the following error on requests from both AdventNet's MIB
browser and a simple Agent++-based manager that I wrote, both sending SNMP
v2c requests:

error while receiving a pdu from dhcp2.1068: The message has a wrong version
(1)

When I change to SNMP v1 request type, the Solaris' master agent accepts the
requests and returns MIB2 object values just fine. I have spent hours
searching Solaris' online docs and have not been able to find any info on
how to specify SNMP v1 or v2 for any of the related executables.

It seems like this topic was touched some time ago, but I cannot find direct
answers to my questions.

Does anybody know what am I doing wrong? Please help.

Thanks,
Alex