Can I use snmp++v3.1&agent++v3.5 in windows 2000?

Jochen Katz katz____agentpp.com
Wed Sep 5 19:49:18 CEST 2001

Hi,

>     thank for ur remind,and I have gotten the snmp++v3.1&agent++v3.5,
> but I want to know if I can use them in windows 2000.How will I
compile
> them with VC++6.0,by the way,I have read the FAQ,but I don't the
method
> yet.hehe,maybe it is a silly question.I think that the program at
least
> need a entrance,such the "main" function in console-pragrom,or
"winmain"
> function in win32-program.

snmp++ and agent++ are used as libraries, so they must not have a main()
function. Maybe you want to look at the examples in
snmp++/consoleExamples and agent++/examples.

>     If I want to do some develop on Net Management with
snmp++&agnet++,
> the emphasis is snmp++ or agent++?

That depends on your need: If you want to build an agent you will start
with agent++. If you want to build a management application you will
start with snmp++.

Kind regards,