0 values in SET request returns BAD values

Alex Finogenov afinogenov____malibunet.com
Fri Sep 21 20:58:12 CEST 2001

Robert,

*If I remember correctly*, this is caused by MibTable::ready() rejecting a
SET if the value for the object's value type equals to the varbind value
found in the request, i.e. when there is no change in value after SET. Since
the initial value for an integral type (int, long) by default is 0, the
Agent++ will reject the SET request if the varbind's value is 0.

If you don't want to mess with the code, a workaround is to define DEFVAL in
the MIB for those objects. The leaves with DEFVAL in the MIB will not be
tested for the mentioned condition.

Alex