About MIB storage

choujs choujs____263.net
Fri Sep 28 11:34:35 CEST 2001

Hello,

In current implementation, all MIB values are maintained by
Agent++ itself. But it is not a good idea, I think. Each
module (such as IP protocol ) with a mib should "knows" the
existence of MIB , and put data into its MIB whenever data
value is change. For scarlar variable , I can implement the
real "GET" operation via overrive the get_request() function,
and then transfer the request to the API function provided
by corresponse module .But for tablur variable, it seem I
should overriver update() function. But I must add all table
rows into MIB at first. If the table is very huge (such as
route table of a Cisco GSR), what an I do ?

Thanks.

Choujs.