SET value in MIB

Jochen Katz katz____agentpp.com
Fri Sep 28 18:52:21 CEST 2001

Hi,

first some general comments:
agentpp-dl at agentpp.com and agentpp-dl at fock.de are identical, so you only
need to send your mail to one of these addresses. agnetpp-dl at agentpp.com
should be preferred.
I am subscribed to the mailing list, so if you send a mail to the list,
please don't send CCs to me.

> how do i set the value in the mib without sending a request to the
Agent
> i.e the OIDs may or may not be existing, chances for existing are
more..
> what is the proper way of setting the new value in them [ for both
scalar &
> vector variables ]

So you want to change the value of an object from within th e agent.
There are at least three different methods.
- save a pointer to the objects you are adding to the mib: ptr = new
MibLeafObj(); mib.add(ptr);
- use the static variable "instance" of singleton objects (if it exists)
- use one of the Mib::find() methods to search for the object with a
given Oid.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,