MibLeaf validity

Nitin nitin____celstream.com
Tue Aug 20 14:24:35 CEST 2002

Hi Jochen,
      MibLeaf contains four set_value() overloaded functions.
      1. void MibLeaf::set_value(const SnmpSyntax& v)
      2. void MibLeaf::set_value(const unsigned long l)
      3. int MibLeaf::set_value(const Vbx& vb)
      4. MibLeaf::deserialize(char* buf, int& sz): it inturn calls void
MibLeaf::init(SnmpSyntax* s, int mode) which sets the valid flag to
LEAF_VALUE_INITIALIZED.

      only set_value(const Vbx& vb) doesn't set the valid flag to
LEAF_VALUE_INITIALIZED, because this function is invoked only when any
manager sends any set request for that MibLeaf. Since, it's assumed that
value of the Mibleaf is already inititialized before manager modifies it. so
it's a feature rather than a bug.

   hope this helps!

Best Regards,
           Nitin

-----Original Message-----
From: "Nölle, Jochen" [mailto:jochen.noelle____accellence.de]
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 6:03 PM
To: agentpp-dl____agentpp.com
Subject: MibLeaf validity

Hello,

I am a bit confused about the valid() function in MibLeaf:
When I use the function MibLeaf::set_value(const unsigned long l) the
valid-flag LEAF_VALUE_INITIALIZED is set, but when I use
MibLeaf::set_value(const Vbx& vb) it is not set. When the
MibLeaf-content is de-serialized with MibLeaf::deserialize(char* buf,
int& sz) from file it is not set, too.
In my opinion it should be set because the mib leaf contains a valid
variable.

Is it a bug or a feature?

Another question relates to the logging support. When an application is
started the first time from a directory, I get an unhandled exception
(access violation) in threads.cpp in thread_starter in a call to
LOG_BEGIN(DEBUG_LOG | 1); The compiler flag _NO_LOGGING is not defined
and the object defaultLog::log contains a valid address. Starting the
application again, no error occures. Because LOG_BEGIN is a macro, I am
not able to step into the code. Any suggestions?

Thanks & with best regards,

Jochen Nölle