SNMP++ questions

Brackstone, Wayne wayne.brackstone____baesystems.com
Mon Feb 11 17:21:48 CET 2002

All,
	I have been writing an snmp enabled application and have recently started to
code and test its error handling capabilities. Given that I'm fairly much so a
newbie to the use of snmp++ could someone please answer my following question

I've recently started to increase the number of varbinds in a single get
request on the assumption that when the Pdu became too large,
SNMP_ERROR_TOO_BIG would be returned from the 'get' function. However, what I
find is that although snmp communication takes place between the manager and
the agent the function eventually returns that it has timed out (even if I set
a very large timeout value). Is this the expected behaviour and if so is there
any way it can be modified?

I am using v3.1.4b with snmp version 3 support switched off

many thanx
Wayne