SNMP++ questions

Jochen Katz katz____agentpp.com
Tue Feb 12 22:32:57 CET 2002

Hi Wayne,

>         Below is all I get in the 'debug' output pane when I run the scenario - both
> the library and my manager have been compiled in debug mode.

actually I thought about defining _DEBUG when compiling the snmp++ lib.
This will log snmp++ debug messges using printf or if "void
debug_set_logfile(const char *filename)" is called, to the given file.

> Enclosed is the packet dumps. I am requesting the same oid (1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0)
> 27 times (it works for 26). The target agent is the Windows NT snmp service.

>From the packet dumps and the info that it works with 26 vbs, I could
see the problem: snmp++ defines MAX_SNMP_PACKET to 4096. The response
with 27 (really long ;-) sysDescr vbs is larger than 4096. So snmp++
receives an incomplete response which is dropped as it's not valid pdu.

Another limit: the maximum number of Vb objects within a Pdu is limited
in pdu.h to 50 (MAX_VBS).

You can increase these limits to your needs.

Kind regards,