Subagent context question

Mike Carr everythingsfree____hotmail.com
Thu Feb 21 18:40:37 CET 2002

Jochen, thanks for the reply but it doesn't appear to work.  I've tried it
on both a Windows 2000 and Linux (SuSE 7.2) build which return the same
result "SNMP++ GetNext Error, SNMP: Cannot perform operation, Authorization
Error".

After looking into the code it's failing because the function
VacmAccessTable::getViewName is copmaring a prefix (I don't know what that
is?) which is an empty string to a context that contains "subagent" (which I
was expecting & understand).

By changing the code in the 'main' function of the master agent so that the
'testGroup' has a prefix that matches the context it does however work.

i.e. changing the line to that below:
        vacm->addNewAccessEntry("testGroup", "subagent", // <--- changed
this to "subagent"
				SecurityModel_USM, SecurityLevel_authPriv,
				match_prefix,
				"testView", "testView",
				"testView", storageType_nonVolatile);

Could you confirm whether this is indeed a bug or that I'm still
mis-understanding something?