New to SNMP and agents

Kjersti Grønnevik kgr____morecom.no
Mon Jan 28 15:21:38 CET 2002

Hi,

I'm sorry if I have sendt this email to the wrong address, and I hope
you can forward this to the right place! Thanks!

I'm totally new to this stuff and I've got a new project with this topic
on my hands...
(My job is to create an SNMPv1 Agent with traps)
Are there anyone that could be so kind and give me some startup help?

Right now I'm just working with MS visuall studio C++
I have downloaded SNMP++, Agent++, AgentX++, AgentGen standard, libdes,
rfcmibs
What else do I need?

Do I have to use a linux os or can I use win2000 prof?

I have not fully understood how the different parts play together, and I
have not found any introduction to the topic on the net either.

I would be so thankfull for any tip-off and/or help I can get!!

Best regards,
Kjersti Grønnevik