Implementing MIB2 Interfaces and IP groups

Alex Finogenov afinogenov____malibunet.com
Tue Jan 29 04:13:55 CET 2002

Hi,

Does anybody know an interface to Linux that will allow me to retrieve values related to the Interfaces and IP groups in the MIB2? I need to know, for example, indexes of all network interfaces, etc.

The related structures are listed in /usr/include/net/if.h, but I cannot find a system or library call that will give me the values. ioctl() should be a way to do this, but the structures from if.h are not referenced there, so I don't know what are the options.

It seems like I can get some of the values from /dev/kmem, but I am not sure what are the structures.

Thanks in advance,
Alex