notify queue seg fault bug

Jochen Katz katz____agentpp.com
Fri Jun 14 21:15:16 CEST 2002

Hi,

> I pulled down the beta code, but this did not fix the seg fault bug. The
> box has one interface, and it's a standard Ethernet interface (eth0).
> The machine is Linux Red Hat 7.2 running kernel 2.4.16.
>
> Do you have any other suggestions? Our trap daemon is in production, and
> I need to find a fix for it quick.

>> > CNotifyEvent::Callback (this=0x81befa0, target=@0x0,
>> > pdu=@0xbffff394, status=-22)
>> >    at notifyqueue.cpp:295

did this line change? As target is 0 and status is -22 this looked as
the fixed bug.

There are only two hints, I can give:
- you could add a check in CNotifyEvent::Callback() if
m_snmp->get_notify_callback() is valid, before calling.
- Make definitly sure that you're using the snmp lib with the fix.

> #0  0x08056bb6 in callback () at eval.c:41

Is this one of your files? Is there something that could be the problem?

Kind regards,