CERT/CC Advisory

Martin Hans martin.hans____targit.de
Tue Jun 18 07:56:55 CEST 2002

Kjersti Grønnevik wrote:
>>Hi,
>>I've run the "CERT/CC Advisory" test (PROTOS) against Agent++, and my agent crashes !! I get the following output from the agent before "Segmentation fault, aborting":
>>Agent: committing set request: (40)
>>I'm using Agent++ 3.5.1a with snmp++ 3.1.5 on Linux.
>>Is there a newer version of snmp++ / agent++ that solves this problem ??
>>
>>best regards,
>>
>>Pål Jørgensen
>>Consultant
>>tlf: +4791873279
>>
>>moreCom AS
>>www.morecom.no
>>tlf: +4790064444

Hi,

I looked for this "CERT/CC Advisory" test (CA 2002-03), too. I got no problems running
the 4 jar files with the testcases against our SNMPv1 agent based on agent++ v3.5.2b and
snmp++ v3.1.6c. Even doing multiple test runs at once not crashed the agent. But that's
everything what I was able to test with this PROTOS stuff. Is it possible to get some sort
of test overview from the PROTOS stuff after the test cases stopped?
Is there any other good testsuite (free or commercial) providing detailed test overviews
after running the tests?
I'm asking because our agent should go productive next time and I want to avoid later
problems.

Thank you very much for your efforts and best regards,

Martin

--
Martin Hans                                             targit GmbH
                                                Rüdesheimer Straße 7