Problem building des library

Gary McWilliams ccc_gmcwilliams____hotmail.com
Mon Mar 4 14:30:49 CET 2002

Having spent forever putting off the migration to SNMPv3, I've finally run
out of time... So I'm trying to build
SNMP 3.1.6 with SNMP v3 support.

This obviously needs the DES library built and this is where I have run into
problems.

Using MSVC++ 6 on win2k, I have been able to build a (static) library for
the DES code. I can then link this with SNMP3.1.6 (which I am building as a
DLL),

however the SNMP3.1.6 build complains about 2 missing functions:

_des_ncbc_encrypt
_des_key_sched

I have searched the DES library for these and cannot actually find them.

I totally understand that many others have used these libraries in the past
to build v3 support, so I do feel a bit of a fool having to resort to the
list like this.

But, I'm really stuck and am looking for any help available.

Does anyone have windows specific instructions on how to build the DES
library (I did a google search for the library but did not turn up much).

Anyone have any advice on the easiest means of integrating the DES library
into the SNMP library?