Memory leaks

Jochen Katz katz____agentpp.com
Mon Mar 4 23:48:29 CET 2002

Hi,

> I am using snmp++  v3.1.5 and agent++ v3.5.1a in an SNMPv2 agent. The
> agent exhibits memory leaks during SET operations. The leaks equal to
> about 400 bytes per pair of sets, create and destroy, judged by the
> output from "top".

at least with the script
agent++/examples/proxy_forwarder/src/example_config.sh (modified to use
v2c) I could not see such big leaks [there are some others because the
example agents don't call mpFinish() before exit and the RequestList,
Vacm and AgentLogImpl objects aren't deleted].

Can you reproduce the leak with one of the example agents?

> Due to budget constraints (I am working for a startup) unfortunately I
> do not have the luxury of a good memory checker. I am not assuming
> that my leaks are coming out of SNMP++ or AGENT++ code, but I would
> like to know if you have checked for memory problems in the versions
> of your libraries that I am using.

I checked the version before snmp++v3.1.5 with LeakTracer
http://www.andreasen.org/LeakTracer/ and did only find the leaks
mentioned in the changelog for 3.1.5. within agent++ and snmp++.

Kind regards,