Memory leaks

Alex Finogenov afinogenov____malibunet.com
Mon Mar 4 18:10:26 CET 2002

Guys,

I am using snmp++  v3.1.5 and agent++ v3.5.1a in an SNMPv2 agent. The agent exhibits memory leaks during SET operations. The leaks equal to about 400 bytes per pair of sets, create and destroy, judged by the output from "top".

Due to budget constraints (I am working for a startup) unfortunately I do not have the luxury of a good memory checker. I am not assuming that my leaks are coming out of SNMP++ or AGENT++ code, but I would like to know if you have checked for memory problems in the versions of your libraries that I am using.

What memory tools have you been using? Are there any free tools for Linux that you are aware of? In the past "fat" times :)  I used to run my tests with the Purify quite often time, but here and now this is not a reality; also, the development has moved to Linux, and as far as I know, there is no Purify for Linux.

Sincerely,

Alex