MAX_VBS

M. Warner Losh imp____village.org
Tue Mar 5 18:52:19 CET 2002

In message: <"DSLEXXCH2-020305172746Z-99509*/PRMD=BAEDSL/ADMD=GOLD 400/C=GB/"@MHS>
            "Brackstone, Wayne" <wayne.brackstone at baesystems.com> writes:
: Is there any reason why I can't safely change the #define MAX_VBS to be
: whatever value I want. Primarily I would want to do this to maximise the
: return of a Get bulk request.

That's the first thing that I do when I import a new version of
snmp++.  The current default is too small for us.  We've had no
problems related to doing that.

That reminds me, I have more performance patches to forward along.
There's a lot of object copying going on inside of agent++ right now
which slows things way down...  Some of it is hard to fix, but I've
taken a shot at the low hanging fruit.

Warner