Proxy Agent subtree parsing

Jochen Katz katz____agentpp.com
Tue May 14 23:04:44 CEST 2002

Hi,

> I have a little problem using a proxy agent, not all subtrees are parsed
> when I execute an snmpwalk command. What I've done is the following :
>
> - Create a Proxy Agent using MibProxy object (so it's an old style).
> - For each proxied agent I specify a subtree he exposes, the community and
> the ip address.

did you specify overlaped subtrees or does your agent++ mib have own
objects within the subtrees?

> - The code to add a proxied agent information in the proxy agent is :
>
>        MibProxy* mp = new MibProxy( ( LPCTSTR ) subtree, READCREATE, hostUdpAddress
> );
>        mp->set_community( READING, ( LPCTSTR ) readCommunity );
>        mp->set_community( WRITING, ( LPCTSTR ) writeCommunity );
>        m_mib.add( mp ); //m_mib is a Mib object

I just added similar code to one of the examples and had no problems.
Are you using the current version of agent++?

> I have tried the proxy agent on a Cisco router (in the proxy agent I expose
> 1.3.6.1.2.1 subtree). When I execute snmpwalk on my proxy agent I only receive
> oids from 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.1 to 1.3.6.1.2.1.11.32. When I execute snmpwalk
> on the router agent I got oids to 1.3.6.1.2.1.52.2.1
> It seems that after the table 11 the proxy agent cannot find the rest of
> tables, and, according to the log, the proxy agent searches for the rest
> in another mib table

 From your log, I can see is that the agent does not try to contact the
Cisco agent (although it should do that) and does not have the requested
oid in is own mib.

Does one of my hints above solve your problem?

Kind regards,