How do I use AgentX++'s subagent example with snmpd (UCD-SNMPimplementation)?

Goh, Betty betty.goh____glenayre.com
Tue Nov 5 03:17:43 CET 2002

Hi Frank,

I added an entry like this to snmpd.conf
  view systemview included .1.3.6.1.4.1.4976
so that snmpd is able to access this OID.

Now after running snmpd (under port 4700) and subagent example from
AgentX++, then executing the snmpwalk command like this:
snmpwalk -v 1 -p 4700 -c public linux3 .1.3.6.1.4.1.4976.6.1.2

I get the "End Of MIB" message. I can walk through this OID (using SNMP++
sample snmpWalk code) when I'm running the master agent example and subagent
example provided by AgentX++. Any ideas? Is there something that I'm
supposed to do but didn't?

By the way, I noticed that the /var/agentx/master file is of 0 bytes. This
file is created when I start the snmpd with the -x option pointing to that
particular directory. Could this be a problem?

I am running this in Linux 7.2 and UCD-SNMP 4.1.2

Thanks!

regards,
Betty
Tel:(65)6483-9702