How do I use AgentX++'s subagent example with snmpd (UCD-SNMPimplementation)?

Frank Fock Frank.Fock____t-online.de
Tue Nov 5 20:12:12 CET 2002

Hi Betty,

Goh, Betty wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> I added an entry like this to snmpd.conf
>   view systemview included .1.3.6.1.4.1.4976
> so that snmpd is able to access this OID.
>
> Now after running snmpd (under port 4700) and subagent example from
> AgentX++, then executing the snmpwalk command like this:
> snmpwalk -v 1 -p 4700 -c public linux3 .1.3.6.1.4.1.4976.6.1.2
>
> I get the "End Of MIB" message. I can walk through this OID (using SNMP++
> sample snmpWalk code) when I'm running the master agent example and subagent
> example provided by AgentX++. Any ideas? Is there something that I'm
> supposed to do but didn't?

Without knowing the whole security configuration, it is
impossible to answer this question...

> By the way, I noticed that the /var/agentx/master file is of 0 bytes. This
> file is created when I start the snmpd with the -x option pointing to that
> particular directory. Could this be a problem?

No. UNIX domain sockets are zero length files.

May be you could active trace/debug output for the NET-SNMP
master agent, in order to see why the subtree is not visited.

Hope this helps.